Does your book qualify?

This is a continuation of this post where I officially introduced my idea to start a new site geared toward book promotion with a twist. Check it out if you haven’t already. The question for this post is this: does your book qualify for this new site?

Note: These first two qualifications no longer prevent a listing but simply narrows the type of listing. There are more details in this post.

Do you have permission?


The first qualification is out of my hands and most likely out of yours as well. Do you have permission to sell your books on the side? If you are in Amazon’s Kindle Select program, you will not qualify. If your publisher will not allow you to sell books apart from them, you do not qualify.

This new site is geared toward Indies who are their own boss. They can decide to sell their book however they want. However, I won’t turn down any book that qualifies (even traditionally published ones though I doubt many will qualify).

Do you trust me?


The second qualification is a matter of trust. If you do not trust me to handle your work with professional respect thereby sending me a copy of your (digital) book and giving me permission to deliver the book to those that purchase it, you will not qualify.

Right now I’m only going to deal with ebooks, but I would entertain the idea of print books in the future.

Did you write a good book?


The third qualification is a matter of actual quality. This new site will showcase the best of Independently Published books. I do not want to advertise books that are poorly written, but I do not have time to check each and every book myself (thus reviewing them). I also don’t have the money to hire someone to do this for me, and I don’t want to charge you that much anyway.

So, this quality measure will be based upon Amazon reviews. On the surface there will be two ways to qualify:

  1. 10 or more reviews and an average rating of 4.0 or more
  2. At least 5 reviews and 80% of the ratings are either 4 or 5

  3. EDIT:
  4. Recevied 4 or 5 stars from The Masquerade Crew
  5. If you have less than 5 reviews, I'll read all of your reviews and/or sample and make a judgement call.
If a book qualifies for the first one, there will be no need to check for the second one, which is there because there are a lot of idiots out there that don’t know how to rate. They give a book 1 star because they didn’t like one aspect of the novel.

If you don't have enough reviews, I'd be happy to spread the word about you through our main site.

If a book doesn’t qualify for even the second one, it probably won’t qualify for the site at all, which in general will mean that it just isn’t written well enough. However, should you think your reviews are biased, I will serve as final say. I may read through the reviews and a sample of the book to make a “manual” decision.

OK, so your book qualifies for the site. What next? How will the site work? Click HERE for the next post in this series.