Uncovering The Truth...Will Take An Exorcist. via @sammyig #fantasy #horror




Cover links to Amazon.com
Uncovering The Truth…Will Take An Exorcist

Sorrow's Edge 
Book 2 of the Marker Chronicles

The Marker Chronicles

by Danielle DeVor

Genre/Keyword(s): Fantasy, Dark, Horror, Paranormal, Demon,exorcist





GET YOUR COPY HERE!

           

Other Retailers:   B&N   |   Kobo





Synopsis


Jimmy Holiday, defrocked priest turned exorcist, is trying to get his life in order. With his on-again off-again witchy girlfriend moving in, the spirit of the little girl from his last exorcism hanging around, and a secret organization of exorcists hounding him, Jimmy equals stressed.

When a stranger calls in the middle of the night asking for help with a possession, Jimmy is about to land in a mess of trouble. Especially since the man on the phone claims to have gotten his number from Jimmy’s old mentor. Too bad his mentor has been dead for years.

After a mysterious silver flask arrives at his doorstep, Jimmy is left with two options: either ignore the newest enigma the universe has tossed him, or listen to Lucy and travel to Arizona to solve the mystery before all hell breaks loose…again.




Excerpt


"I got the phone call at three. Just as Lucy said I would. I was really starting to hate the true “witching hour.” I needed sleep, dammit.

I let the phone ring a few times, hoping that whoever was on the other end would just hang up. I wasn’t that lucky. I dragged my tired-ass body up, grabbed my phone off the nightstand, and swiped the screen.

“Mr. Holiday?” the man asked when I grunted into the phone.

“You realize it’s 3:00 AM, right?” My head hit the pillow. I did not want to be doing this right now.

The man sighed. “It couldn’t be helped. We need you.”

I twitched. Who the hell was this guy anyway? Kind of presumptuous to call somebody at random this late at night when you’d never met the person on the other end. Apparently, manners weren’t his strong point.

I glanced around the room. The lamp in the corner was on. The light glowed just enough to keep my mind at ease. I’d gotten into the habit of sleeping with a light on ever since Sorrow’s Point. Yeah, it was irrational, but hey, I was trying to keep the beasties at bay. From the dim light, I could see Lucy sitting on the floor in front of the TV. I, just barely, made out the program through her. Her hair was as pale as usual and so blond it seemed almost white. She wore the same white nightgown she always did.

“How did you get my number?” I had to know. I mean, I doubted Will would suggest me to someone else. Things hadn’t exactly ended on a positive note.

“You came highly recommended.”








Amazon Preview