So a funny thing happened...



So, a funny thing happened.

Well, not so much as funny, as in HA HA funny, but funny nevertheless.

You may have noticed that a lot less has been going on with the site the past few months. There's several reasons for that. The most notable is that I'm no longer a stay at home dad. This website was my sole personal source of income for more than a year. But it started declining during the second half of 2015.

I hadn't looked for a job up to that point because it makes no sense to work when most or all of your check will go to a baby-sitter or day care. It made sense to stay home. However, when finances demanded a change, I was thankfully able to find a job that worked with my wife's schedule. One of us is always home.

But, that's not the funny part.

I knew things were going to have to change with the website long before I got a job outside the home. In order for Twitter to bring in more money, they changed their tweet counting algorithm. To see how many times a post has been tweeted, I would have to pay much more than I am willing or even able to.

So, I can't tell you how many times a certain tweet has gone out unless I were to keep very detailed records, which would mean a price hike because of the extra work, but I would rather do the opposite. With a 40-hour a week job now in the mix, I don't have nearly as much time to work on the site.

My current plan is to redesign the promos so that I can do them much faster. The only way to do that is for the author to do more of the work. Yes, that means a longer form, but the trade off will be a much cheaper promo. I'm thinking in the $10 to $15 range, instead of starting at $25.

Stay tuned for more details (as I come up with them).

For the time being, though, most of what's on the site will be from DeeJay's side of the operation: book reviews and books available for review.