"…like the Percy Jackson books, but appealing more to the female audience."

Prophecy of the Most Beautiful


Written by Diantha Jones


Genre: Young Adult Fantasy


Book Synopsis

18 year old schizophrenic Chloe Clever finds out she's the Oracle of Delphi and embarks on an adventure with her demigod guardians to solve the prophecy of the "Most Beautiful" and discover a destiny so epic that even the Greek Gods tremble.

Bec's Rating





Bec's Review


Both the title and content of this book clearly show that this is something meant for teenage girls, particularly teenage girls who are into converses, slightly punky fashion, and of course greek myths. As a result a lot of the time the book is light, or deals with the characters growing infatuation with each other. But just because this is a typical teen girl book does not mean that others may not enjoy reading it, I know I did.

While at times I did find myself getting tired of the accounts of just what everyone was wearing or how hot a certain someone was, for the most part I was absorbed in this book. Towards the end I struggled to put it down, wanting to know just what would happen to our protagonists. It holds a certain sway, and uses the familiar Greek myths in a manner that has you wanting to read more and to find out more about these reimagining’s of the Gods that alot of us are familiar with.

Essentially this book is like the Percy Jackson books, but appealing more to the female audience. The main character is (for the most part) a strong female lead, who is not content to hide behind her bevy of protectors. Many of the plot points and characters will be familiar to the reader, and yet chances are the reader will not have seen them in this form. I know I hadn’t before and I can honestly say that I enjoyed it, minus all the fashion and descriptions of hot looks of course.

Disclaimer: May not be appropriate for children due to violence.