In love: Jewish girl and a German boy in Berlin during the Holocaust. @robertakagan




Cover links to Amazon.com
Love between a Jewish girl and a German boy in Berlin during the Holocaust

All My Love, Detrick 
A Holocaust Novel


by Roberta Kagan

Genre/Keyword(s): General Fiction, Historical, Jewish fiction, Holocaust,





GET YOUR COPY HERE!

           





Synopsis


All My Love,Detrick is the story of a forbidden love that thrusts two families, one German,one Jewish, into a spider web of danger during the terrifying years of the Third Reich.

Detrick was born with every quality that would ensure his destiny as a leader of Adolph Hitler's coveted Aryan race. But on his 7th birthday, an unexpected event changed the course of his destiny forever. As the Nazis rose to power, Detrick was swept into a world filled with secrets, enemies, betrayals, and alliances.. But even in the midst of darkness, Detrick would find a single flicker of light. He would discover the greatest gift of all, the gift of everlasting love..




Excerpt


After the larger group had headed out through the tunnel, Karl went off alone. Exhausted, he sat down there on the dirt floor of the bunker and spoke to Ada.

“I don’t know if you can hear me. I hope so. I didn’t protect your babies…your students like I promised you.” Tears mingled with the black soot that covered his face. “I failed you. I’m sorry. I love you… Your love was the greatest thing in my life. If there is a God, I will be coming to you soon, and I pray you’ll forgive me. But there is something I must tell you. Someday there will be a Jewish state. I am sure of it. You should have seen how strong our people were. We fought like the devil…just a few ragged, worn out, starving Jews…

We held them off. Those goddamned Nazis were afraid of us, Ada. Now it’s ending. We knew we couldn’t win, but we wanted to show ’em that they couldn’t treat us like we were cattle… We wanted to give them something to remember us by, and it was really something to see!” With his fists, he rubbed the tears off his face and set his jaw with determination. “I won’t go down without a fight. They’ll never take me to a camp. I’m going out there onto that street shooting, and I’m gonna take as many Nazis as I can with me when I go. So if you can see me, watch this, Ada… This is for you.”

He took the last automatic machine gun from the pile. It had a full clip.

Then he motioned with a tilt of his head to the remainder of the group.

“Are you ready?”

A loud chorus hoarse from the smoke, “Yes!”

“Then let’s go kill some Nazis!”

And before Karl Abdenstern took his last breath on the cobblestone street of the Warsaw Ghetto that day, he made sure a good number of Nazis would never kill another Jew.




Amazon Preview