Blogger Banter #9: MEET Kimberly (@kimbacaffeinate), host of "Sunday Post"


Buffer
 
The art of gossiping, gabbing and chatting with awesome book bloggers!


Today, I'm featuring the coffee-cravin', book-boyfriends-galore-havin', Sunday-Postin', one-click-eBook addict KIMBERLY from CAFFEINATED BOOK REVIEWER! 

Thanks for stopping by! Let the Banter begin!


**DeeJay's Comments**



KIMBERLY'S 
STATS
(Friends and Followers)

RSS: 2741
Bloglovin’:1825
Networked Blogs: 302
Google +: 874
Twitter: 3,555
Facebook: 2,300
Goodreads: 985
Pinterest: 828
Email: 910


SMALL TALK


Blogging Since? 2011
Lives in? United States
Solo (blogger), duo, trio...? It’s just me & my coffee *lol*
Print or eBooks? both
Average number of books read a month? 22 (I wish)
Favorite Genre? Um...err...Many?!? Acceptable answer.
Book Boyfriend? Reyes, Fifth Grave Beneath My Feet
Rating System? Coffee Cups


GAB and GOSSIP


What was the very first post you ever made on Caffeinated Book Reviewer

*scratched head, and opens up blog* Before I Go To Sleep: A Novel by S.J. Watson. I had no idea what I was doing, and began with mini reviews of books I had recently read.


Where is your favorite place to read? What’s your favorite snack to eat while reading? 

I love reading in bed or in winter by the fire, but I will be honest..I will read anywhere...car lines, by the stove when I am cooking, on the deck etc. You will almost always find me reading with a cup of coffee. The two together are bliss. We are in total agreement ^_^


If Caffeinated Book Reviewer had a theme song, what would it be? 

The intro sound track to the Doctor Who. I like to think that visiting the blog is like taking a trip in the Tardis; you never know where I will take you and what books I will share next. I review YA, NA and Adult in almost every fictional genre imaginable. I was going to add a YouTube track of the DW theme song, but then I realized there's like a million! I didn't know which one :(


You participate in a couple of memes, plus you host Sunday Post, which is a meme we here at the Masquerade Crew participate in weekly. I really like your Bloggers Tips & Tricks, but which meme is your favorite?

The Sunday Post
Obviously, I love the Sunday Post, and enjoy getting a chance to see what is happening on other blogs, and sharing bookish things, but I also adore Waiting on Wednesday. It is window shopping for new books. I also enjoy doing my monthly features which are Caffeinated Confessions and Blogger Tips & Tricks. It is such fun sharing tips & tricks with others. I always try to empower people whenever I can. Caffeinated Confessions offer up things about me, that maybe you experience too. I put myself out there, add gifs and generally just enjoy creating them. 


You’re also participating in quite a few reading challenges and read-a-thons this year. Tell us a little bit about those. Which is your favorite and how is your progress coming along?

I do so much better during thons and challenges that I am hosting. Is that weird? When I did Take Control of Your TBR pile (a month long challenge event I host in March) I read 34 books from my TBR pile. The rest of the year, maybe 6 books...LOL? The year-long challenges get me, I mean I’ve done fairly well but nothing spectacular. The New Adult Challenge has been my favorite this year.


Why did you choose to be one of the dwindling bloggers who accept Indie review requests?

There is something so exciting about finding an incredible read and new to me author. I have reviewed some real treasures, and discovered new favorite authors like Betty Lee Crosby, Annie Walls, and Misty Evans.


How often do you visit the library?

Before I started Caffeinated, I was there every two weeks and would take home bags full of books. I had an excel spreadsheet for series, and was often the first name on new requests list. Now I barely go, except to donate books, or tap into their electronic books. I have also become a one-click addict with my eReader. OMG, you too??? I thinks it's an epidemic...


What is the BEST thing about being a book blogger? The WORST? 

I love sharing my passion for books so the best part has been meeting bookish friends online who understand completely when I say, “Squee, Sarah MacLean liked my review” or “OMG, you have got to read this book” or simply, “Reyes!” Not to mention, how incredibly cool is it that I have friends all over the world who love to read.

The worst, is always going to be having to tell an author or publisher I did not like a book. I am always honest, and try to be fair, but not every book can be a love affair. Agreed!


Lots of bloggers are finding it more and more difficult to maintain a blog and keep up with real life demands at the same time. How do you manage blogging and real life?

I am anal. No, don’t laugh *laughing* I am, seriously, just as Danielle @ Book Whore. Organization keeps me sane and allows me to enjoy both reading and blogging. I am currently working on posts that are scheduled three weeks out. I can tell you exactly what books I am reviewing in January. Some have pre-determined days for their post, but most are free for me to move around, depending on my mood. Since I like a diverse array of genres I try to post a few different ones each week.

I live by my Google Calendar. I work part time which helps immensely, since I post reviews 5-6 days a week. I take breaks!! This is a must. Once a month I unplug for the weekend. I also ban certain hours of my day as device free. Of course, some days I can get lost socializing, hashing out an idea, or tweaking the website. That’s okay, I am flexible as long as I remember to make dinner. *hello, Papa John’s* *lol*





Give these ol’ skool Disney characters new skool Twitter handles.

Simba (Lion King) @PrinceofAfrica like it
Jafar (Aladdin) @RoyalVizier
Mickey Mouse @Squeaky *lol*
Bambi @nohunting
Baloo (Jungle Book) @dancingbear
Ursula (Little Mermaid) @SeaWitch
Cruella Deville (101 Dalmations) @Cruel_Diva
Pinocchio @longnose Favorite!


Thank you, Kimberly! It's been great!


Thanks for having me, it was fun! 


CONNECT and CHATTER


On the next Blogger Banter, I'll be dishin' it up with Valerie at Stuck In Books! See you then!