5000 books read & counting. Say hello to @morgankwyatt, Our New Crew Member

Buffer

Tell everyone a little bit about yourself.
Hello. My name is Morgan and I’m a reading addict. It started when I was only four. My mother taught me to read so she could get some work done. I have been reading ever since. Sometimes it is a few pages, the cereal box or even advertisements. On the weekends, I binge often devouring two or three books.

Reading has caused problems for me. My first grade teacher did not appreciate me informing the rest of the children how the first grade reader ended on the first day of school. Other times, I find myself wishing I were reading than doing whatever I was doing. Unfortunately, it was often my job and sometimes, a date.

As a reader, I like numbers too, which means I have a rough estimate of books read. My most current estimate is 5004. If you are wondering, I did manage to marry, hold down a job and even have children between all those books.

Who are some of your favorite authors? Books?
Edith Wharton (Ship of Fools) and Margaret Atwood (Children of Men) are my literary favorites because they create people as they are with a multitude of flaws. For pure fun, I enjoy Jayne Ann Krentz, who also writes under the names Jayne Castle and Amanda Quick. (Crystal Gardens) Ray Bradbury is my favorite childhood author. (Martian Chronicles) Margaret Mitchell was my gateway author into romance. (Gone with the Wind)

What are your favorite genres of books to read? 
Romance,  Romantic Suspense Thrillers,  Mysteries,  Science Fiction,  Fantasy, and the occasional detective novel.

Besides reading, what other talents or hobbies do you have?
My avocation is writing and poetry. My hobbies include cooking, gardening and belly dancing.

How excited are you to be a part of the Masquerade Crew?
Excited enough to put on full belly dance gear for the photo, and it takes a while to get it all on. It is a comforting experience to be among fellow reading addicts. Suddenly, I realize I am not alone in my very beneficial obsession with the printed and digital word. Woo hoo.

A belly dancer! I think you're the Crew's first! Welcome, Morgan!