Social Media for authors, and why it’s so difficult to hit a moving target #amwriting #repost

The following is a repost from here.


Social Media engagement is crucial, but what works and what does not?

Last week's post about how I see my blogging numbers decline seemed to have hit a nerve with writers. It's been very well ready by colleagues and several have made very valid comments. Many of you rightly point out that blogging alone isn't a good strategy. Blogging needs to be part of a greater social media strategy. I completely agree, and I've mentioned some of the things I do. Yet here's the challenge with social media: it's a bit of a moving target, and I don't see it move in any predictable pattern (am I wrong?), which makes it difficult to choose what to do and when. In this post, I'm trying to show what I do, what works and what doesn't, while also asking you to continue to add your voice to the discourse, so that we all may learn and improve our approach to getting word about our works out there.

Read the rest of this post here.