An annoying boss, a bikini, and a fake illness. @kristelralston


Kristel Ralston
Author of 
The price of the past



Interview # 2 (of 2)

What does your writing process look like?

I start writing at 22h00. It´s the only time everything is calm around me. No phone calls, nobody chatting either nearby. The rest of the day (morning and afternoons) I run my personal errands and also work on the marketing and answer all my readers requests. My readers are my 50% in my writing adventure I always have time for them even if my deadline is pretty close.

What writing advice do you have for other aspiring authors?

Never stop believing in yourselves and never give up!

Do you have any advice on how to deal with bad reviews?

If bad reviews help you to understand a new point of the story you wrote, then great. But if the review is nonsense for you, well, just keep going.

Have you ever been in trouble with the police?

No, but if the police officer is handsome, I wish! LOL.

Flash Fiction: An annoying boss, a bikini, and a fake illness.

I had this love note in my poket and even if nobody knows about, I feel like it´s burning in my pocket. I re-read it since I got it. Four days ago. Four long days. 

My stupid boss´s little, dirty, secret. Should I tell our supervisor? Should I tell someone? 


I searched the room, that big annoying office where I´ve been working for over a decade, and everyboby have their heads focused on the screen. We are about to give the first prototype of female robot that could cuddle and have orgasms. Isn´t that crazy? But I only handle the number. Yup. Not that nerd. 


At the end of the day I finally decided what to do. 


I took a deep breath and walk down the corridor. The big door was open. I can see that jerk behind the desk. "Mr. Expert in everything". 


"Can I come in?" I asked politely. Damn it´s so hard to fake a smile when now I know the kind of man he is.
He looked at me with disdain. Asshole. "Of course, Miss Elliot", he said.


I closed the door. Walked till I was pretty close. "I know your little secret".


He frowned. "Right. What would that be...?" he asked with sarcasm. 


"You´ve been lying to all of us" I throw the paper and it landed after couple of seconds on his desk. "You´ve been screwing around with the owner of the companie´s competitor. Here´s the proof" I said looking fiercely to the paper. He took it and read it.


"Is that all you have?"


"Isn´t that enough? A receip of a wax bikini session that cost more than my monthly salary that THIS company pay for HER. The woman that is willing to win the big prize in robotics in the industry!"


Of course he didn´t deny it. His corporative credit card four last numbers were printed in the receipt. How do I know Miss Keller was involved? I´m clever with the number and I have friends. Good friends and I did a tracking. Yes. That the level of hatress I feel against my boss.


"So are you gonna backmail me?"


"I want a trip to Mustique", I blurted. My head makes nonsense sometimes.


Five days later I was traveling in first class.