6 questions answered by @lindacovella, author of The Castle Blues Quake




We're pleased to introduce

Linda Covella

Author of

The Castle Blues Quake





Cover links to Amazon.com


           


Lightening Round


A day at the beach or an hour at a bookstore?

Hands down, no question: the bookstore.

Cat person, dog person or 'other'?

Dog person. I grew up with a dog and have had one most of my adult life. You can see them all on my website!

Favourite City

So far...Venice, Italy. It's as romantic, charming, and beautiful as everyone says.


Serious Round


Authors often put themselves into their characters. Which of your characters is most like you and why?

I think there is some of me in Pepper, the main character in The Castle Blues Quake. Like her, I had to leave friends behind when our family moved from CA to Pennsylvania when I was 13. After six months, right when I was starting to adjust and make friends, my parents decided they didn't like it there, and we moved back to CA, but to a different town than the one we'd left. I also can be a little introverted like Pepper. And I like to be creative (as she is with her song writing) with my writing, drawing/painting, and cooking.

Can you recall a particular scene that was painful or traumatic for you to write?

At first, until I got more into his character, it was difficult for me to write the Corey chapters. Those took a lot of rewriting. First, I had to get into the mind of a boy. Second, I hadn't experienced the things he had, so I had to dig into my own feelings to understand and be able to write how he might react.


Wacky Question


Which of your characters would you dress as for Halloween?

Madame Mchumba! I love her clothes and jewelry. I love Halloween, and that would be such a fun costume to put together.


Author Bio



I've been a freelance writer for over 30 years, and when I published articles for children’s magazines, I realized I'd found my niche: writing for children. I want to share with kids and teens the joy books have given me from an early age. Books can open new worlds for you, teach you new things, and express feelings you may not want to or know how to articulate. I think writing for kids keeps me in touch with the feelings from my childhood. It also encourages me to keep an open mind when I’m with kids, to remind me they are unique individuals, and to give them that respect.