A very original #romance. Eye of the Beholder by @JackieWeger




Cover links to Amazon.com

Eye of the Beholder


Written by Jackie Weger



Twenty-four year old Phoebe Hawley is on a quest to find a place for her homeless family. Phoebe is Alabama tough, country smart and sapling thin. On the road with two siblings, twelve year-old Maydean and five year-old Willie-Boy, Phoebe is out of money, out of gas and out of patience. Now the only things she owns in abundance are Hawley backbone and Hawley pride--neither of which she can trade for food or gas.

A collision with Gage Morgan puts Phoebe's mission in even worse jeopardy--until Phoebe discovers Gage Morgan owns the perfect place for the Hawley clan.

But Gage Morgan has a bruised ego, a tight fist on his wallet and an iron fist on his heart. Once Phoebe discovers Gage is too wily to succumb to her schemes to pilfer his wallet and claim his home, she has to try something different to win his heart.

But will Hawley backbone and Hawley pride step aside to let her do it?

Praise for
Eye of the Beholder


I loved this story, its a change to read something so different to the endless college or billionaire romances - I like those, but its good to find something so different. Its definitely a book I'd re read, a real treasure and at 224 pages for £2.03 its good value.



The romance in this book is very well done. I was moved to tears at times, which to me is the mark of a great romance.



This wasn't just a great love story, with characters you get to know so well and feel so much for, it was an amazing work of art!! I was thoroughly impressed by the authors ability to really convey the realism with her use of language.

It takes a lot to impress me with writing, and I must say, this is one of the best!! Very original and had me hooked pretty quick!

Five stars all the way!!!



I'd be amiss if I did not comment on two more things: the writing is as solid as the plot is well-constructed. And the editing is professional, both on a developmental level and a copy edit level.

An enthusiastic five stars from me.