Rules Every Reader Should Break (Every Now and Then), syndicated from @JeanNicole19

 The following is syndicated from jeannicolerivers.com and is posted here with permission.
RulesRules, rules, rules, there seem to be rules for everything, including reading, but some rules are made to be broken.  Today I am going to share with you a few rules that I like to break occasionally to keep my reading regimen fresh and fun.

Cover links to Amazon.com
  1. Start at the beginning.  Start at the end of the book.  Read the last chapter first and then begin reading the book from the beginning, you may already know what happens in the end, but you have a good time trying to figure out how the author is going to get you there.
  2. Always read the book before you see the movie.  One of the great things about reading is being able to create your own visuals, but every now and then it is fun to let Hollywood do it for you.  If there is a great movie coming out based on a book, see the movie first, it will give you some elaborate and exciting images when you finally read the book.
  3. Don’t write in your books.  This is a rule that I break ALL of the time.  When I read a book it serves as a journal as well.  As I am reading, I write out questions that I have about the passages, memories sparked by or ideas created by the text.  Writing right there inside of your book whatever you are feeling at the time offers a more three dimensional experience and connects you the story with new and profound depth.
Have fun and happy reading.