Blogger Banter #5: Say hello to @ChristinaJW from Booksane!


Buffer
 
The art of gossiping, gabbing and chatting with awesome book bloggers!


Today, I'm featuring that "nerdgasmic", "Perry"-lovin', orc-hatin', paranormal romantic CHRISTINA from BOOKSANE! 

Thanks for dropping in! Let the Banter begin!


**DeeJay's Babble**


CHRISTINA'S 
STATS
(Friends and Followers)

GFC: 195 followers.
Bloglovin’: 63 followers
Networked Blogs: Only 4
Google + : 9
Twitter: 113
Goodreads (Friends): 287

SMALL TALK


Blogging Since? 2nd of January 2012
Lives in? Kolding, Denmark.
Solo (blogger), duo, trio...? Solo at Booksane and trio on Owl post reviews with Stephanie (Bookfever) and Jenn (Book Bird Reviews)
Print or eBooks? Both, mostly print.
Average number of books read a month? 2 or maybe 3.
Favorite Genre? Paranormal Romance
Book Boyfriend? Recently introduced to Perry from Under the Never Sky. Archer and wolf-ish. He’s a keeper.

Rating System? Teacups.


Booksanegirl-christina.blogspot.dk



GAB and GOSSIP


What was the very first post you ever made on Booksane

My first post was called “first post” and was just to get the whole thing started. Nothing interesting really.


What was the first book you ever reviewed?

I did a together review of all the Vampire Academy books by Richelle Mead. Really quick and short, basically me saying that I loved them and not much else.


Where is your favorite place to read? What’s your favorite snack to eat while reading? 

Favorite place to read is my nice and comfy couch under the blanket with a cup of tea. My big window is right behind me and gives a lot of light and when it gets dark I have a lamp nearby that is easily turned on (somehow that sounds dirty, lol). Silly lady :P


If Booksane had a theme song, what would it be?

I had to think about this a long time, thinking what band do I love. So I thought of Muse and they have a cover of the song “Feeling good” and I decided that fits! Books make me feel good and there’s a part of the lyrics that go: “It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life. For me. And I'm feeling good” reading a book can be like a whole new life you get to dive into it. Muse is awesome. Great pick!




You participate in quite a few memes–Throwback Thursday, Teaser Tuesday, etc. Tell our readers about Woods Wednesday and what inspired you to start this meme.


Woods Wednesday I created because me and Stephanie from Bookfever have an ongoing story on Goodreads that we write. I am editing the story and taking it from Goodreads to a document and then back on Goodreads under creative writing – so the point of Woods Wednesday is that I every Wednesday add a chapter to Goodreads to speed up the editing and make myself do at least just a little every week. Since I love this story so much and did not have anything on my blog on Wednesdays I decided that Woods Wednesday would be a good thing to create and it fits since the Book Boyfriend of the story is Geoff Woods. I didn’t want it to just be the chapter added and that’s it I needed some feature as well to post and so far I’ve posted a lot of Geoff facts, collages, pictures and even have interviews with Geoff and another with his best friend Criss and of course there’s more to come. What a cool meme. I don't know any other blogs that I follow that are doing anything like this, so score for originality :)



How often do you visit the library, if at all?

Oh I suppose about… never. Two reasons, I love owning the books and another major reason is that they don’t really have any English books there. If I go there, it’s for school or work, not for fun. 


Why did you choose to be one of the dwindling bloggers who accept Indie review requests? 

There are so many great books out there and it’s an amazing opportunity to get to read some of these.


Who has been your favorite author to interview? Which one has been your favorite character interview to do? 

Author Interview: So far I’ve only done one and that was Nely Cab, but I enjoyed that one.
Character Interview: Apollo! Prophecy of the Most Beautiful by Diantha Jones. I looove Apollo, so much fun! YAY!


What is the BEST thing about being a book blogger? The WORST? 

BEST: Getting all my excitement, nerdgasms and craziness out in one place. Nerdgasms. Cute :P
WORST: Keeping up with it sometimes, I would say.


Lots of bloggers find it difficult to maintain a blog and keep up with real life demands at the same time. How do you manage blogging and real life? 

Phew, well I haven’t been really good at that. I often end up behind on reviews because I might be reading, but then I don’t write the review right after because maybe I have to read something for class or go to bed early to get up the next day.



So you’ve been chosen to take the One Ring into Mordor. But first you must select your traveling companions. There are a few stipulations, however. Your companions must be as follows:

A morally-tortured book boyfriend
A kick-butt YA heroine
A vampire
A villain/bad person/antagonist that you hate
Who do you choose? 

First, love this question! And it’s a Lord of the Rings one, score!

A morally-tortured book boyfriend: Jace from the Mortal Instruments. Shadowhunter so he can kick some ass.
A kick-butt YA heroine: Hmmm, Rose Hathaway from Vampire Academy. She can fight and would be good to fight off the orcs because I really do not wanna get near those.
A vampire: Gotta be Cat’s man, Bones from Night Huntress. He can fly so that can come in handy.
A villain/bad person/antagonist that you hate: That I hate? Wow, that’s tough then. Uhhh, Blake from LUX, I guess. Don’t really like him. I hope Shelob the giant spider eats him.

But can I bring Legolas, too? I mean, who else is gonna kill the oliphants? HELL YES, you can bring Legolas. As long as he's really Orlando Bloom :) 

Thanks bunches, Christina! This was fun!


CONNECT and CHATTER


On the next Blogger Banter, we'll be meeting Jenn from Book Bird Reviews! Holla!