Blogger Banter #6: Jenn Nix (@PerfectPinkyPie) from Book Bird Reviews!


Buffer
 
The art of gossiping, gabbing and chatting with awesome book bloggers!


Today, I'm featuring that "Varen"-lovin', owl-hootin', YA fangirlin', gummi bear lover JENN NIX from BOOK BIRD REVIEWS! 

Thanks for being here, lady! Let the Banter begin!


**DeeJay's Babble**


JENN'S 
STATS
(Friends and Followers)

GFC: 167
Bloglovin’: 11
Google +: 17
Twitter: 273
Goodreads: 403



SMALL TALK

Blogging Since? 2012
Lives in? United States
Solo (blogger), duo, trio...? Solo
Print or eBooks? Print
Average number of books read a month? 5
Favorite Genre? Young Adult
Book Boyfriend? Varen Nethers (Nevermore)
Rating System? Stars





GAB and GOSSIP


What was the very first post you ever made on Book Bird Reviews

My first post was a review of Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi.


Where is your favorite place to read? What’s your favorite snack to eat while reading? 

Most of the time I read in bed and I sometimes like to snack on gummy bears or Cheez-Its, I’m addicted to both. OMG, I love gummi bears! And worms...and fruit...and fish...


If Book Bird Reviews had a theme song, what would it be?

Turn! Turn! Turn! by The Byrds. A classic. Nice :)




You participate in a couple of memes like Throwback Thursday. You even have a couple of your own. I’m particularly intrigued by “Man Candy”. Do explain...

Man Candy is pretty much my excuse to share hunky guys and to cast them in some of my favorite books and series. I’ve heard of other memes along that line, but I just wanted to do something for Book Bird Reviews alone. No excuses needed, lady. None at all. I'm ALL the way down for this meme ;)





How often do you visit the library, if at all?

I usually visit once a week if I can.


Why did you choose to be one of the dwindling bloggers who accept Indie review requests? 


I accept Indie requests because I always think you never know what you’ll find. The book might turn out to be a complete dud but it’s also how you find some good books and meet awesome authors. Very true!


Who has been your favorite author to interview? What about character interviews? Which one has been your favorite? 

I haven’t interviewed any authors before but my favorite character interview would have to be with Ace Remedy from the Oracle of Delphi series. And of course, I loved this one as well ;)


What is the BEST thing about being a book blogger? The WORST? 

The best thing about being a book blogger is being able to share my opinion and have my own space to fangirl over books and authors. The worst thing is giving a low rating/review and having an author be upset because I didn’t check with them before posting and sharing my review.


Lots of bloggers find it difficult to maintain a blog and keep up with real life demands at the same time. How do you manage blogging and real life? 

I don’t demand much from myself when it comes to my blog. If I’m not able to read and review something once a week, I’m okay with that. I blog because I enjoy it, I may not have a ton of followers or be the most popular blog, but I’m happy with mine the way it is. And that's ALL that matters :)



You are standing in front of three buildings. A lady hands you an umbrella and tells you to open it and let the wind carry you through the window of the building you most desire. 

In Building #1, there is a lifetime supply of first in series books, but none of them have their sequels. 

Building #2 is filled to the brim with book boyfriends of books you’ve never read and you have no idea who they are. 

Building #3 contains the spoiler of the last book in the series that you’re currently reading, and you’re dying to know how the story ends. 

Which building do you fly up to and why? 

Ah, this is a tough question! I would have to fly up to Building #2. I couldn’t stand only having the first books from Building #1 and I could live without knowing how my book ends in Building #3 but I couldn’t go without book boyfriends. I SO expected this answer from you! LOL. I just knew those book babes would win your vote :)

Thanks so much, Jenn! You're the best!


CONNECT and CHATTER


On the next Blogger Banter, we'll be chatting with Sandra from Creative Difference!