Z is for Zombified by @LyraMcken #atozchallenge


Zombified


by Lyra McKen





Cover links to Amazon


Cassie is a typical teenager. She’s crushing on a boy and trying to make it through high school. It’s a typical day of classes when all hell breaks loose. Forced to run and hide the situation just keeps getting worse. She makes a mistake and soon becomes infected. She meets others like her and together they sent out to find a cure. Is their fate already sealed? Can they find a cure before it’s too late? See what happens through the eyes of the infected when Cassie tells you how Zombies are people too.

Praise for Zombified

The first chapter had me wondering what I was letting myself in for. Never had I read a book from a zombie's point of view. In fact, I've never had any sympathy for zombies - until now.

The plot is original and moves at a fast pace. Paranormal romance fanatics will enjoy the romance in this quick read. I especially had a good laugh at the scene where they were on a high-speed chase from the police, racing through a cornfield and then a forest, and zombie Rose on the back of the truck being whipped to no end by cornstalks and tree branches. Imagine me lying in bed, trying to laugh as quietly as I can so as not to wake hubby, at the author's tongue-in-cheek humorous description of the priceless look on Rose's face that makes you want to double over with laughter. For this alone I highly recommend the book.



I was drawn to the book by its cover. A once beautiful, mysterious girl, mascara flowing, who is now sad but aware and who is turning ... into a zombie. A fresh point of view, bitten but not gone. Cassie, the main character, quickly becomes infected. However, she can still talk, walk, think clearly, eat cheese sandwiches and appreciate boys. With her friends, she treks from one safe house/disease center to the next, hoping for help and a cure. A sweet book, one I will keep and add to favorites, to take out and re-read and enjoy on a bleak rainy day.



If I were a zombie, I would want my story to be just like this one. Funny and full of spunk, Zombified is a refreshing take on zombie life.




Author Bio


I love living in the mountains and when Fall is just starting to come about. I love my boyfriend and my dog, and I love writing. I am obsessed with the paranormal and science fiction. I have two pen names in addition to my real name which I also write under.

Connect with the author online