Wasting time is her talent. MEET Jenny AKA @jenny_buijs, Our New Crew Member

Buffer


Tell everyone a little bit about yourself.
Hi! I’m a 22 year old bookworm from the Netherlands. Currently I’m studying English in Tarrytown, New York. I’ve been here since September and I’m kind of home sick. Thank god I’m going back home in June. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy New York very much. I love walking around in Manhattan and hanging out in Central Park, but I really miss everyone back home. Never thought I would miss my little old town while I’m here. 

In the Netherlands, I live in a small town called Volendam. Before coming here I studied Tourism. I realized too late that what my real passion is; reading and writing. After my study, I worked in a bookstore for two years.

Who are some of your favorite authors? Books?
My absolute favorite author is Richelle Mead. I adore her Vampire Academy and Georgina Kincaid series. I’m also a big fan of J.R. Ward. The Black Dagger Brotherhood is probably the most awesome series I’ve ever read. Another author I love is Susan Elizabeth Phillips. I buy her books without having to know what they’re about.

Aside from the books I mentioned above, I can also never get enough of The Host by Stephanie Meyer. I’ve read the book six times and I still don’t get bored. Another series I absolutely love is Lux by Jennifer L. Armentrout.

What are your favorite genres of books to read?
I’ve been reading Chick lit and Paranormal Romance for as long as I can remember. I’m also a big fan of Young Adult, but recently I found out there is such a thing as New Adult! I know, I’m probably kind of late to find out that it exists, but I’m actually starting to like it more than any other genre.

Besides reading, what other talents or hobbies do you have?
One of my awesome talents is wasting time on my laptop. I can spend hours doing nothing useful. I also follow way too many TV shows and I like to write, although I almost never finish a story. But I do have lots of first chapters!

How excited are you to be a part of the Masquerade Crew?
Very excited! After five days of nervously checking my email several times a day, I almost squealed with joy when I finally received the one that said I was welcomed to the crew! (I didn’t squeal in the end, that would’ve freaked out my roommates).

You didn't squeal? We would've squealed. Welcome to the Crew, Jenny!