Pinterest Do-It-Yourself'er. MEET Ashley aka @AshleyBodette, Our New Crew Member

Buffer

Tell everyone a little bit about yourself.
After living almost my entire life in Minnesota, I moved to Florida in 2012. Although I miss seeing snow at Christmas time, I definitely can’t complain about the warmer weather! I have a BA in English Literature with a minor in music, although I’ve mostly done childcare since I graduated from college. I hope to get into a bookish job at some point, whether it be in proofreading, book PR, editing…I just love books! :-) If I could do absolutely any job in the world, I would love to travel the world, helping authors and/or filmmakers to do research on local histories and cultures. I also am a proud lover of musicals, whether on stage or film.

Who are some of your favorite authors? Books?
WOW this is a tough question. My very favorite author is probably Jane Austen, but as far as more contemporary authors go, I very much enjoy Jennifer Armentrout (and as J. Lynn), Faith Sullivan, and J. K. Rowling (I will never stop loving Harry Potter!). As for favorite books, my newest favorites are Take Me Now by Faith Sullivan, Taste the Heat by Rachel Harris, Illicit Love by Jane Lark, and The Lucy Variations by Sara Zarr. And, of course, Jane Austen’s Pride & Prejudice will always have a special place in my heart.

What are your favorite genres of books to read?
I honestly read a little bit of everything, but if I had to pick a few favorites, I would have to say historical fiction, romance, dystopian, and anything that has to do with music or mythology. Besides reading, what other talents or hobbies do you have? When I’m not reading, I enjoy singing and playing piano, and I’m pretty good at it too. :-) As my mother would say, after 14 years of piano lessons, I’d better be good at it! I have a few hobbies, including scrapbooking, crocheting, cooking, and doing Pinterest DIY projects.

How excited are you to be a part of the Masquerade Crew?
I’m super excited to be a part of the Masquerade Crew! I love sharing books with people, and I try to stick to reading things I’m pretty positive I’ll enjoy. I try to give as honest a review as possible, since I know that not every book is for every person. If there are too many grammar/spelling errors, etc. that detract from the story, I am not afraid to let the world know about them! (However, I’ll still probably finish the book to see if the story line is good!)

Pinterest DIY...Loving it. Welcome to the Crew, Ashley!