MEET Joy Campbell aka @JL_Campbell, Our New Crew Member

Buffer

Tell everyone a little bit about yourself.
I’m a wife, mother, office manager, avid reader and prolific writer. Aside from writing, I enjoy baking, cake decorating and gardening, none of which I’ve spent a lot of time on recently. I live in Jamaica, where we enjoy the same season in varying temperatures all year round.

Who are some of your favorite authors? Books?
You know that kid in high school who was always reading some weird stuff? That was me. My writers of choice are Jeffrey Archer, Gerald Durrell, Dick Francis, James Herriot, Mary Higgins Clark, and Eric Van Lustbader. Favourite book is an old one—Lord of the Dance. (Can’t remember the name of the author).

What are your favorite genres of books to read?
Romance (especially suspense), Action/Adventure, Multicultural, Mystery, Women’s Fiction, Literary Fiction (in small doses) and Young Adult.

Besides reading, what other talents or hobbies do you have?
I sing in a choir, bake, write, edit/proofread for several local magazines. I also enjoy playing around with graphics.

How excited are you to be a part of the Masquerade Crew?
I understand how challenging it is to promote a book, so I’m pretty chuffed to be part of the Crew, which is a way to help others get the word out about their creative genius.


Welcome to the Crew, Joy!