Modern Day Fairy Tale: iFeel by @MarissaCarmel - no cost download Nov 7-9

Buffer

iFeel

Written by Marissa Carmel





FREE on Amazon
November 7th — 9th


Synopsis


Lust. Anger. Hate. Desire. Love. Happiness. Joy. iFeel. Liv Christianni is isolated, alone, tortured and withdrawn, saddled with the torrential downpour of the world’s emotions. Accepting of her providence Liv has lost all hope, until one day fate steps in and spins the course of her life like a spiraling top. Hunted by a Spirit Stalker, Liv is forced to gain control of herself and her surroundings, threatened by the touch of her immortal love; she must find a way to survive both physically and emotionally as her reality is shaken up like dice on a Craps table.

Can she find the courage to accept her true self? Can she love unconditionally cognizant of the condemning consequences? Can she rise from the ashes to become the person she was always meant to be? Funny, witty, real, and poignant, iFeel rips into your soul, and sets your emotions on fire. If you are a fan of Charmed or Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries or The Secret Circle this series is for you!

Reviews


This book was a wonderful read! Action packed from the inception and true to the title of the book, the reader embarks on a myriad of emotions. Going through each experience and life altering event with Liv, the books lead character. You feel as if you are walking beside the main character truly discovering the mysteries as they unfold page by page. And a surprising love story with a twist you'll never see coming.

No sparkly vampires here! This isn't your run of the mill supernatural story, it's in a divine category all of its own. With new "supes" mainstream books haven't even touched yet. Taking place at the Jersey shore, the author hits the nail on the head. Perfectly detailing a world laced with boardwalks and clubs acting as catalysts to persons looking to lose there inhibitions. It's an ideal location for those out of the ordinary to pray and camouflage themselves into mainstream society. This author finds a way to make this story relatable to the reader, suspending your disbelief and extracting your empathy for what the characters endure.

An absolute page turner. The character of Liv has been through so much in her short years. Her friends and family attribute her strange and overtly keen behavior as having a mental imbalance. Depressed and loaded on a colossal cocktail of mood stabilizers, her friends stage an intervention and drag her to one of the many clubs at the shore. Lost in a sea of bodies, music pounding, she dances with fate and comes face to face with her destiny. As if awaking from a hazy dream, Liv finds herself without her rose color classes. Now confronted with a sudden life and death situation, she must find a way to tap into her strength and new found power.

When this book was finished you can't help but to feel enveloped in the tail so much you don't want it to end. I hope this author produces a sequel. This literary journey is just simply too good to be finished!

Excerpt



PROLOGUE

I direct my anger towards the mocking bottles of crazy pills settled in the cabinet. I attack them; clearing all the glass shelves in one angry fit. Tiny orange bottles fly all around my white tiled bathroom, exploding an array of colored pills against the walls and floor. It feels like I am bombing my past, liberating my future and releasing myself from whatever binds me. I want to be free, and if that means destroying my whole apartment in the process to get there, I am willing to do that.

I can feel the rage course through my veins; my head throbs and my throat burns as I thrash at my tiny bathroom. All I can hear are the voices of people who mean the most to me, those who encourage me, those who support me. To my surprise, the loudest voice is the one who’s farthest away. Justice’s words echo against the tiled surface, telling me to let go, to accept my fate, to be magical and not mental. It makes me miss him all the more, but what he said finally makes sense.

My breaths pulse quickly in my lungs, as if the air is thinning. I have worked myself up into a crazed frenzy to expel my true self. My enraged fit has resulted in a bathroom bloodbath, me versus myself.

And I won.