Sweet red werewolves. Interview w/ @reanamalori




We're pleased to introduce

Reana Malori

Author of

Sacrifice





Cover links to Amazon.com


           


Lightning Round


Pickles: sweet or dill?

Sweet

Red or white?

Red

Vampires or Werewolves?

Werewolves


Serious Round


What's your favorite book?

My Best Friend's Girl by Dorothy Koomson. It was the very first book I read that featured a Black Woman / White Man pairing. It opened my eyes to a completely new genre, one that reflected me in its words. The character was fiesty, smart, unapologetically black and just so happened to fall in love with a white man...two white men...who loved her. The love wasn't based on her skin color or trying to make her into something she wasn't, they loved her because of who she was - her skin color was just the covering, it didn't define who she was as a friend, employee, lover and ultimately as a mother.

Do you listen to music when you write? If so, what?

Yes, I definitely listen to music when I write. Partially because it gives me background noise and allows the characters to flow along with the sounds. Another reason is that the right song can take me down a path I never expected. The words and tempo can generate new ideas, new character personality traits, or even conjure up new scenarios for the characters to experience. When I'm at a particular difficult place in the story and simply cannot move forward, I'll take a break, skip to a song that I know and love, and just listen. More often than not, by the time I'm halfway through the song, my thoughts have cleared and the story begins to flow again. At least three of my most popular stories were inspired by songs, Weekend Fling, Stay With Me, and Closer to You.


Wacky Question


If you could only wear one outfit the rest of your life, what would it be and why?

Flannel pajama bottoms, t-shirt, and colorful (yet comfortable) socks.


Author Bio

My focus is interracial romance and I firmly believe that LOVE in all its forms should be celebrated. While I have dreams of world domination, I'm willing to settle for being one of the best interracial romance erotica writers on the market. My goal is to weave a story that pulls the reader into my world and share in my universe, even if only for a short time. I currently live in Montclair, Virginia with my husband and two sons. You can most often find me enjoying a good book myself, as I am first and foremost a reader (and I love a good romance).