Mocha, Moonlight, and Murder by @MaryAnnKempher #romance #mystery

Mocha, Moonlight, and Murder

Cover links to Amazon.com



by MaryAnn Kempher



Instead of feeding her late-night appetite, a midnight food run nearly gets 28-year-old Katherine O’Brian killed. She’s the only person to see the man who brutally murdered a local woman, and the killer is hell-bent on making sure she doesn’t talk.

Scott Mitchell left a broken engagement behind when he moved to Reno, and the last thing he needs is more melodrama. But when he and Katherine are paired for a college project, that’s what he gets. It can be very distracting when someone is out to kill your lab partner. Together, they try to figure out what the police haven’t been able to—the identity of the murderer. Passion flares, but with Katherine’s life in danger, romance seems like more than a bad idea.

Scott and Katherine will face jealousy, misunderstandings, lust, and rivals, not to mention attempted murder—and all before their first real date.

Praise for Mocha, Moonlight, and Murder


I gave this book 5 stars because it's so cleverly written, I was hooked from the start! I read it in 2 days because I just kept speculating about what happens next. There are a lot of romance books out there at the moment, but lets be honest, they're mostly all sex and little depth to the story lines. This book has it all! Romance, kinky sex, and a storyline that will keep you on the edge of your seat! There are lots of twists and turns and when you think you've figured it out, you soon find out you haven't. There is an unbelievable twist towards the end that left my mouth hanging!

Mocha, Moonlight and Murder is an excellent novel combining my two favourite genres - romance and mystery. I couldn't put the book down and only wished that it was longer. I highly recommend this book - it's an easy read which will keep you guessing right from start to finish. After reading it, I immediately tried to find out if MaryAnn had written any other books and was very disappointed that this was only her first novel (though this fact impressed me immensely). Hope to read a lot more from the author in the near future.

Mocha, Moonlight and Murder, is such a great book, full of twists, turns to keep you wondering and totally absorbed. There is a great twist near the end and some very funny revelations. I'd highly recommend this for a holiday read, escapism or any spare minutes you have. But be warned you will find it hard to put down. Excellent five star read.

I wasn't expecting much from this book. I was using it as my 'beach read'. But I ended up really liking it. I was getting bored reading slutmances, so I thought it'd try something a little different , and I'm glad I did.

There's sex, murder, great sexual tension, cute guys, & crazy- as in needs to be committed crazy- people. This book is a lot of fun and keeps you guessing!!

I gave the book 5-stars because MaryAnn is good with words, characters and a decent enjoyable plot. I fully expect much more from her on future projects and look forward to reading her next book. Mocha Moonlight and Murder is a simple reminder of what might be waiting for you next time you get hungry or thirsty and dash out for a very dangerous snack. Not that snacks are always dangerous, but this one and what follows is a dandy.