"Bourbon & Jazz was pretty cute and filled with a good amount of action."

Buffer

Night Sighs

By Emma Meade

Genre: Paranormal Romance


Book Synopsis

It's good to be alive...when you're dead!

Meet Alex & Tristan, modern star-crossed lovers of the supernatural variety. Alex is running-on-empty, one year on from the death of her fiancé, and the only thing that keeps her going is her romance with the young vampire Tristan. Tristan, meanwhile has a serious obsession with Bruce Springsteen, and is battling a 'can't live without you' sort of love for Alex. He's trying to persuade her to come over to the dark side but so far she's resisting his efforts.

So come and sing along to Tristan's band, The Dead Beats, the hottest group in London right now, and walk with Alex as she teeters between this life and the next. Because when you're around Tristan, you'll see, how much fun it is to be alive when you're dead....

Night Sighs is an adult paranormal romance, following the relationship & adventures of Tristan & Alex through five short stories: The Dead Beats, The Ancients, Until My Body Is Dust, Bourbon & Jazz and West of Forever.

Diantha's Rating





Diantha's Review


I liked Night Sighs, but I had hoped to love it. It consists of several short stories following the sometimes troubled romance of the beautiful, mortal Alex and Tristan, a vampire blessed with the gift of music and a special talent for attracting danger. I loved the premise, but felt the book fell just short of what I was expecting.

Meade is a great writer with a talent for expression and wordplay. Definitely not a problem there. It was the stories themselves that I struggled with. The stories for me were disjointed, and at times, random. I liked the first story, The Dead Beats. Tristan is HOT and the romance was scorching, which is something that I felt didn’t let up throughout the book, which is good. But the connection between the stories? I just didn’t get it.

The Ancients was quite random and seemed very out of place for this book, but Bourbon & Jazz was pretty cute and filled with a good amount of action. Until My Body is Dust and West of Forever were just not that memorable for me, but nevertheless, I liked this book and will most likely read more from this author if ever given the opportunity.

Disclaimer: Recommended for adults only due to language and sex.