White stuff, swirling or falling. Meh. Big whoop. #interview with @AuthorLeeFreench


By tweeting this post, you can earn promotional tweets from me as part of the Amazon Tweet Exchange.
Details here.




We're pleased to introduce

Lee French

Author of

Dragons In Pieces





Cover links to Amazon.com


           


Lightening Round


MacGyver or Sherlock Holmes?

MacGuyver - 80s child!

French toast, pancakes, or waffles?

Am I making breakfast? Of course I am. Pancakes.

Flowers or chocolate?

Flower shaped chocolates


Serious Round


Do you plan or pants it?

At this point, with six books behind me, I've become more of a planner than I expected to. My last few books, Harbinger and Damsel In Distress, came from fairly detailed outlines, and it worked better for me than I thought it would. I don't particularly *enjoy* planning it ahead of time, but you gotta go with what makes the best first draft and the most fun writing experience. If that means a little planning pain, then there ya go. So say we all.

What non-writing-related thing have you done or learned that shows up in your work?

I really enjoy baking, and it's possible that my writing includes a lot more descriptions of delicious food - especially desserts - than is strictly 'normal'. On my blog, I started a serial about a baker. She's just an ordinary non-magical baker in a fantasy world, and she has fairly ordinary trials and travails. Just like any other woman in a man's world, baking delicious pastries.


Wacky Question


Would you rather write during a snowstorm or a thunderstorm?

A blizzard! Thunderstorms are too distracting. When there's thunder, I want to sit and watch out the window for lightning strikes. And people expect you to go out in them anyway. No one goes out in a snowstorm unless they really have to. Once you've watched snow fall for a few years, it's just not that interesting anymore. White stuff, swirling or falling. Meh. Big whoop. After the snow is a different matter entirely, and you get a much more awesome world to tromp around in when it's covered with snow.


Author Bio



Lee French lives in Olympia, WA with two kids, two bicycles, and too much stuff. She is an avid gamer and active member of the Myth-Weavers online RPG community, where she is known for her fondness for Angry Ninja Squirrels of Doom. In addition to spending much time there, she also trains year-round for the one-week of glorious madness that is RAGBRAI, has a nice flower garden with one dragon and absolutely no lawn gnomes, and tries in vain every year to grow vegetables that don't get devoured by neighborhood wildlife.