Help authors and learn about yourself. MEET @mccarthy_roy, Our New Crew Member

Buffer 

Tell everyone a little bit about yourself.
I live and work in Jersey, Channel Islands. My day job is Finance Manager in a legal office but, like all accountants, secretly hope to be a lion tamer one day. 

Who are some of your favorite authors? Books?
In my younger days I read a lot of classics – Joyce, Hardy, Dostoevsky, Hemingway, Orwell, Shakespeare. Nowadays I’m willing to try a wide variety but I’m excited every time I pick up a Stephen King, John Grisham, Patricia Cornwell and particularly Nick Hornby.

What are your favorite genres of books to read?
I’d rather exclude which I wouldn’t read and these includes fantasy, sci fi, dystopian, and save me from anything with a vampire in it. I enjoy historical novels as well as contemporary. 

Besides reading, what other talents or hobbies do you have?
I am just awaiting delivery of my third self-published novel and I’ve embarked on a fourth. I do a lot of coaching of track & field athletics and also road running for beginner adults.

How excited are you to be a part of the Masquerade Crew?
Not so much excited but, knowing how difficult it is for indie writers to get a look in, I’m interested in helping to giving new authors a little exposure, but also to learn a little bit more myself about analyzing the art of writing.

And you chose us, Roy? We're flattered! Welcome to the Crew!