This is not your typical ghost story, which makes it unique and even more fun to read.


DRT

A Ghost Story


by Eric Thomas





Cover links to Amazon


Greg, a reclusive overnight traffic reporter in Washington, DC, has spent his life in fear, avoiding anything that might shatter his tenuous grasp on normal. It turns out Greg has no idea what it really means to be afraid. After witnessing a horrifying fatal crash, a crash Greg believes he had a hand in causing, he begins to see the ghost of the dead driver. The strain becomes unbearable as Greg attempts to determine why the ghost has sought him out, what it wants from him, and whether any of what is happening is even real.

DRT is the second novel from author Eric Thomas. It's an alternating look at the absurd and the shocking as he tells the story of one man's struggle to maintain his sanity.

Praise for DRT

This is the second book I read by Eric Thomas. I thoroughly enjoyed his first book, but I have to admit that I liked this one better. The story is so chilling, so grueling, and it engaged my attention completely. I didn't want to put it down.

This psychological thriller will have you questioning the truths of Greg's perceptions and second guessing your own belief in ghosts. The descriptions are intense and tangible, the plot twists totally enthralling.



Eric Thomas has real talent. He writes with an irresistible combination of creativity, humor and sensitivity. Everytime I had to pause and put this book down, I was eager to get back to it to see what would happen next. This is not your typical ghost story, which makes it unique and even more fun to read. You may not even like the main character at first, but keep reading, and you'll be rewarded in the end. Eric Thomas' writing style is sensational, his descriptions flawless. His characterizations reveal humans as they truly are, whether foolish, vain, self-centered, frail, lovable, dangerous, helpless, or just plain amazing creatures. His observations of human nature are right-on. You won't be wasting your money on this one. I recommend it heartily for entertainment value.



Eric Thomas is a talented writer with a unique ability to create true to life characters. The unexpected twists had me turning the pages into the AM hours.



I really enjoyed this book. It was a quick, invigorating read that had such a great twist at the end it made be scream out "No Way!", sending the cat hurtling off my lap.

The characters in this novel are well developed and engrossing. As the story progresses we learn so much about how we as human beings choose to interact with the world around us, mainly through the eyes of the story's protagonist, Greg. His reality is so bleak at first but chapter after chapter proves engrossing as he awakens to the fact that his own actions may have led him to believe the worst in the people around him, causing a self-inflicted exile.

I think what I enjoyed the most though is the humor interspersed with the horror of dealing with the ghost. Greg's journey is populated by the absurdity of living in a city so underscored with a variety of individuals from all corners of the world, with myriad goals and neurosis, such is Washington DC. I will never be able to see or read about a river otter again without considering them and the inconvenienced Oregonians.

A great second offering from this author. It is a completely different topic than his previous work but still keeps the same wit and wisdom I enjoyed in Fall of the Citizens.




While you're at it, check out his other book.



Cover links to Amazon


Author Bio


Eric Thomas, writing in third person which he finds irritating, lives in Royal Oak, Michigan with his dog and cat. He is the author of two books, Fall of the Citizens and DRT (A Ghost Story). He is working on a third book called Narciuss which will be out whenever it's finished, based on the author's obsession with Instagram.

"I very much appreciate everyone who has ever read my books," the author quoting himself "I understand there are a lot of books competing for your attention, and I feel humbled when someone gives my book a chance. I sincerely hope you have a good time reading them."

Eric is very grateful to the people who bought Fall of the Citizens and DRT, because he now has a new computer and health insurance. (SERIOUSLY, THANK YOU!!)

Connect with the author online