"If you like mushy vamps and quick-witted heroines..."

Buffer

Kade's Dark Embrace

By Kym Grosso

Genre: Paranormal Romance


Book Synopsis

After a series of girls are ritualistically murdered on the cold streets of Philadelphia, seasoned detective, Sydney Willows, is forced to work with sexy, alpha vampire, Kade Issacson. While working the case, Sydney finds herself inexplicably drawn to Kade, fighting the passion she feels towards him. Kade, determined to solve the case and mete out justice, is captivated by the independent, fiery detective.

As he attempts to protect her from a very real murderer, Kade grows concerned that the beautiful, but very human detective, could easily end up dead should she tangle with supernatural forces that are beyond her control. The investigation leads them into a dark and dangerous world, deep in the heart of New Orleans, where together, they search for the perpetrators of the Voodoo killings. Sydney soon becomes the target of the killer and ends up fighting for her life and love in the Big Easy.

If she makes it out alive, will she give into the intoxicating desire she feels for Kade?

Diantha's Rating





Diantha's Review


I went into this book with an open mind and even though there were things that annoyed me, most of all I was okay with it. At this point, books about vampires have to be particularly special for me to get excited about them. Though I liked the vampires in this book, none of them really stood out to me. Not even Kade, the book’s namesake. He was okay for a vamp, but he was mostly annoying. I needed more blood-sucking and less talking. And his attempts at romance left me wanting. I liked Tristan (the main wolf) much better and found him to be much more appealing. I’m still trying to figure out how Sydney (the main human) could have chosen Kade over Tristan. No competition to me!

I liked Sydney for the most part. I liked that she was hard-headed and strong-willed and got herself into plenty of trouble. I did find her constant need to over-analyze every single thing taxing, but she’s a detective. What did I expect? I liked how she pushed Kade’s buttons every chance she got, but I never liked his responses. He was always talking about putting her in check but then he got all kissy-faced and ruined everything.

The action scenes were okay, but nothing to do backflips over. It was more about the romance, I get it, but I wasn’t feeling Kade so he messed that up for me. I also felt that the romance was rushed and over the top since the main characters fell helplessly in love after only a week. I didn’t really believe it and it felt a bit forced on me because Kade and Sydney kept saying how much they were in love over and over again. Another thing I have to mention is that the constant switching back and forth with the narrator every other paragraph drove me crazy. It happened with absolutely no warning and sometimes three or four characters were narrating at the same time. It was quite confusing at times, though after a while I got used to it

I may read the next book Luca’s Magic Embrace, because Luca is my dude. I liked his gruff demeanor and think there is nothing better than a grumpy vampire. But I’m still up in the air about it. Overall, if you like mushy vamps and quick-witted heroines, then Kade’s Dark Embrace is for you.

Disclaimer: Recommended for adults only due to violence, language, and sex.