Vivid characters. Excellent Storytelling. Black Water Tales: The Secret Keepers by @JeanNicole19


Black Water Tales

The Secret Keepers


by JeanNicole Rivers





Cover links to Amazon

It’s midnight when Regina Dean she receives a harrowing phone call. On the other end of the line a scratchy voice whispers, “They found her, Regina…they found her.” Over the phone Regina learns that the corpse of her best friend, Lola Rusher, has been found and she must return to her, Godforsaken, hometown of Black Water for the funeral of the beloved girl who disappeared when they were both only sixteen years old.

Regina returns to Black Water and is reunited with a cast of old friends. Soon Regina realizes that the details revealed with the discovery of Lola’s corpse do not make sense, especially the fact that Lola’s body was dug up on the land of their childhood piano teacher.

Determined to lay Lola to rest, Regina launches her own investigation, but someone in Black Water warns Regina to STOP DIGGING. She is thrown into a race to solve the mystery before she loses her mind or meets Lola’s fate.

Though Regina’s hometown is a fun house of disturbing characters and distorted images, the truth about what happened to Lola Rusher will be revealed along with a most unexpected and perverse secret that threatens to expose everyone in Black Water.

Everyone knows something, but no one knows everything…



Praise for Black Water Tales:The Secret Keepers

(Goodreads Reviews)

From the very first chapter, I was hooked. This is what I consider a real page turner, and it kept me up half the night because I just couldn't put it down. The plot kept me guessing, the characters were very vivid, and the storytelling itself was excellent.



The story slowly builds up tension and then once the twists and turns start, doesn't let you go until [the] end. I thought I had figured out how the book was going to end by time I reached the half-way point, but I would never have guessed the way it actually concluded. I look forward to hopefully more books in the series so I can read about some of the mysterious side characters in the story.


Author Bio


I was born in the tiny, but lovable town of Centralia, IL which has a two screen movie theatre, one high school and still celebrates May Fete, so I had no choice, but to develop a fantastic imagination. Since childhood I have been writing everything from short stories to songs, but I have always aspired to compose a novel. Black Water Tales: The Secret Keepers is my first novel and the first book in what will be a series of thriller novels.

Philosophy was my study in college and I received a Bachelor of Arts in the subject from Florida International University. Writing is one of my most favored artistic pursuits, but my love for the arts does not stop there, I am also a vocalist and actress and participate in local theater in Houston Texas.

Connect with JeanNicole Rivers online