Get ready for a wild ride with The Stone of Destiny by @ThorStonewell


Stone of Destiny


by Thor Stonewell





Cover links to Amazon


Through an onslaught of gunfire a well known professor leaps to his death off the mighty Irish Cliffs of Moher. Discovering a buried secret was his last fruitless act; keeping hidden a far greater secret, a secret concealed by the Queen of England herself, was his sacrificial intention.

As cogs drop into play throughout the United Kingdom a young American in London finds himself caught up in the world’s greatest unknown conspiracy. With the life of his grandfather on the line, and the legitimacy of the British royal family in question, Trevor Emerson races against time and history in his shared quest to find the Stone of Destiny.

From Edinburgh Castle to Piccadilly Circus to King Arthur’s ancient Isle of Avalon, join our heroes down the rabbit hole of royalty where the right secret, sufficiently veiled, can ensure the lifelong reaping of billions of dollars, and worse, the lifelong ruling over billions of lives.

Is the Queen of England playing the world for a con? Where is the Stone of Destiny?

To answer one question is to answer the other.



Praise for Stone of Destiny


I found the plot here to be well-conceived and well-executed. I found the story suspenseful and the ending surprising (as it should be for good mysteries). In short, "Stone of Destiny" is a wonderful tale that I would recommend to an adult reader.



Author Stone Thorwell has written a novel that grabs you from the start and doesn't let go until the end. I loved the way he tied history in with the story, which makes it even more exciting for readers who are looking for something that entertains in a realistic vein.



Get ready for a wild ride with The Stone of Destiny. What a great book! The plot was exciting, the setting atmospheric, a fabulous mash-up of history, adventure, romance and all those things that make a novel exciting and hard to put down. The main character, Trevor Emerson, is likeable and easy to identify with. He's not crazy about authority, but who is? The mix of history with the fast moving events gave a realizstic air to the well constructed thriller. I definitely recommend the Stone of Destiny if you like a Dan Brown story, and who doesn't. As the plot builds, the suspense does also. It is a very satisfying read that leaves the reader wanting more.



What I liked about Stone of Destiny, apart from the intriguing plot and subject matter, was the author's ability to capture the look and feel of the places he describes and to position us firmly within those worlds.


Author Bio


I am Thor. Not the God, not the Superhero, just the writer.

My first completed novel, Stone of Destiny, is written in the vein of literary archeocryptology. You know the type, secrets hidden for centuries, alternative historical approaches, bad guys chasing the hero and heroine, a bit of romance and a surprise ending. You've seen it before and will see it again but from what I've been told it manages to entertain well.

I am currently working on my second full length novel, with a working title of "The Face in the Mirror". It is young adult fiction about a teenage boy that discovers... well, I don't think I will share what he discovers yet. Check back at some point in the future to see if I change my mind.

I currently live in a huge and (over the Summer) hellishly hot city in central Arizona with over four million other people. I have a lovely wife and a furry dog, both of which I adore.

I am a fan of fast-moving fiction and well-researched historical biographies.

I especially love getting email from readers and friends (both known and unknown). If you have something to say (and who doesn't?) please send me an email at Thor@ThorStonewell.com.

Connect with the author online