Show N' Read Saturday #11–NITRO CIRCUS: THE MOVIE


Buffer
A weekly meme hosted by Diantha Jones where we share and rate TV shows and movies we've seen, and the books that we have read or have now been inspired to read.

This week I watched:

Nitro Circus: The Movie (2012)


In NITRO CIRCUS THE MOVIE, Travis Pastrana and his tight-knit, highly-skilled, adrenaline-addicted friends bring their impossible, ridiculous, insane and hysterical adventures to the big screen for the first time! Dreaming up the most dangerous stunts in the world of action sports -- whether they are trying to back flip a bike over a building 60-stories high or landing a death defying jump while playing Angry Birds -- Pastrana and his gang are always at it. High Risk. High Octane. And No Safety Nets Allowed. (nitrocircus.com)

I love watching extreme/action sports. I love extreme stunts and extreme wipe-outs (sorry, but I do). I have probably watched most of the television episodes of Nitro Circus and feel ashamed that I didn't know they had a movie! It was as great as I expected. Every stunt was awesome and had me aching to find out who would stick them and who would end up breaking something (mostly, Tommy. Fans of NC know who I'm talking about). I absolutely loved the "golfing" stunt and cheered when Jolene (the only female of NC) landed this really cool loop stunt that none of the guys would attempt. Mind you, most of these clips I remember from the shows, but since it's been a while I felt like I was seeing them all over again. Really enjoyed it!

My rating: 4/5 STARS

Book that might be interesting:

The Longshot by Katie Kitamura (2009)

Four years after Rivera knocked Cal from dominance, Cal’s coach, Riley, has set up a rematch—it will be good for Cal, and he’s ready for it. He’s been training harder than ever, trying to shake the lethargy that’s plagued him ever since he lost. Knowing he’s going to face Rivera again, he gets his focus and energy back. He agrees with Riley: he’s ready.

But Rivera has never lost a fight, and in the final days before the match, both Cal and Riley secretly begin to doubt that he can be beaten now. The stakes are high for them—not only do they have no idea what else they’ll do with themselves besides MMA, they’re also desperate not to let each other down. (Goodreads)

Mixed martial arts? You've got my attention. On top of being an extreme sports fan, I'm a UFC fan too. I'm not so sure reading about it is as cool as watching it (in fact, I'm sure). But nevertheless, I'm intrigued to know of a book like this could keep me entertained. One day, I'll find out.

Want to join Show N' Read Saturday or check out other SN'R posts? Click here.