"I'll have to reread this book a few more times to absorb all of the good information." #Kindle #BookReview

Character Development From The Inside Out


by Scott Morgan


Genre: Non-Fiction

Book Synopsis

No matter what genre you write, your readers all want the same thing – they want to be part of the show. Here’s the secret: If you want to engage readers, you need great characters, and writing great characters starts with writing great people. Character Development from the Inside Out tells you how to do just that!

Mark's Rating





Mark's Review


I first heard about this book on Twitter, which seems to be the wave of the future for spreading the word for authors. Anyway, I knew I wanted to read it after learning more about it. My budget for books, though, is small. That's where ebooks come into play. I have a Kindle now, and most of the time prices are much cheaper. This is one of those books that you should take advantage of. It is well worth the money. You won't regret it.


The book is an incredibly easy read. I started it, thinking that it would take me a few days to get it done, but I couldn't put it down. I am an incredibly slow reader, though. I can sometimes surprise myself and get through a book in short order. I finished this one in less than 12 hours. I had to stop occasionally to get a few things done, but I was thinking about the book the whole time.

As an amateur writer, I found almost none of the information in this book to be extraordinary, though it could be for you. Most of it I have heard before, but I have never had all this information in one spot. To be fair, I haven't read other books on characterization, so I don't have a frame of reference. However, I don't think I need to look much further. I'll have to reread this book a few more times to absorb all of the good information.

I think Scott's got a best seller right now. Let's help him get there. Maybe he'll write a follow up with more examples and more insights.