The writing process of @TaraSosaAuthor #interview pic.twitter.com/bzeWVi9Gwv


Tara Sosa
Author of 
Changed Beauty



Interview # 2 (of 2)

What does your writing process look like?

I try to be as organized as possible while writing. I start each book with a lot of notes and scenes written ahead of time, then I put them all in an order of where I think they should go based upon where I think the book is heading. Even before I start I normally have a beginning and an end in mind - so I fit all the notes & scenes in between.

This last book (Changed Beauty) even before I started I had full chapters written and the end was almost done word for word. It's the only way I can actually function - with an outline and detailed notes and scenes before I even start.

I also spend a LOT of time editing while writing. My book gets edited numerous times before publishing. Once a chapter is written it gets edited. Then once the whole book is complete I print it out and go over the paper copy and start editing it like crazy. I then edit it while reading it on my Nook. Then I have it created as paperback through CreateSpace and I edit it AGAIN from that format. It's a long, scary, annoying process. But I love it. All of it.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

In ten years I see myself doing the same thing I am doing now - but with kids. I'll be a writer, an avid reader, a wife, and a mother! It may seem simple to some - but for me that's the dream - it's everything!

What is your least favorite part of the publishing / writing process?

Editing. It will always be the editing.