Waking Dream

I jolt awake Trying to scream, But no sound escapes my mouth. I'm soaked from head to toe, My heart is pounding, So is my head. Fear courses through my veins. I go to kick the covers off, But my limbs do not move. Some force holds me fast to the bed. I look round, but find nothing, No one is here. I struggle, my fear increasing. Suddenly the force is gone. My limbs jerk free and the covers go flying. My breath come in pants, My ears are ringing, But I know the moment has passed. There will be another time, I'm no stranger to him, One day I won't break from his grip. Fear will win and Death shall come. His servants do not quit. They simply give reprieves. Light and darkness blur, The lines between waking and dreams, Are no longer clear. How do you act when it's your turn? Do you fight or give in? I choose to fight.